Antibacterial Soap WARNING: It actually does much more harm to your body than good, Read why!
You’re around somebody who has the common cold, cough or flu so you squirt a little anti-bacterial product or sanitizing soap in your hands as a precaution.
Antibacterial, antifungal soap and antimicrobial products, they seem like the smart thing to use but let's take a closer look at the dangerous side with triclosan and triclocarban and antibiotic resistance.
If you are not yet aware of the potential dangers of triclosan, you should know that this antibacterial agent found in antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial soaps and various products (as shown below) has been strongly linked to the following effects on human health along with many more concerns such as cancer.
* Abnormalities with endocrine/thyroid/hormone system
* Weakening of the immune system
* Birth Defects
* Uncontrolled cell growth
* Weight loss
Yes, there are some people upset about these facts, to the point of a class-action lawsuit as described below.
July 13, 2012
CONCORD — The Colgate-Palmolive company misled consumers by falsely claiming its Softsoap Antibacterial products are more effective at killing germs than ordinary soap, while failing to tell users an active ingredient could create antibiotic-resistant bacteria and can cause cancer when mixed with chlorine in tap water, according to a class-action suit assigned to a U.S. District Court of New Hampshire judge..........
First of all, the main active ingredient in most antibacterial products is a pesticide (triclosan aka Irgasan and Microban) that kills human cells along with all bacteria. (see below for more info on the dangers of triclosan)
Not all bacteria is bad, there is good and necessary bacteria as well. Triclosan doesn’t discern, it kills all bacteria which can lead to strains of bacteria and antibiotic resistance such as MRSA.
Most virus are caused by germs anyway which antibacterial products do not protect against, then there’s the affect it has on our endocrine system as research has shown too much triclosan can lead to considerable disorders.
For babies, it is especially dangerous as their bodies are building an immune system and being exposed to germs during the initial years is, beneficial!
Children who are not exposed to common
bacteria are more prone to allergies, asthma and other compromise immune
illness. Look at other dangerous baby products that's endangering the health of your little one.
Overuse of antibacterial products is dangerous to our environment as well, yet it’s widely being used in many other products.
It's not just found in antibacterial soap but can also be found in detergents, dish soaps, sponges, deodorants, various cosmetics, lotions, acne medication, skin cleansers, toothpaste and mouthwashes.
Additionally, it can be found in plastics including toys, pet bowls, paints, trash bags and now, even material.
Bottom line, antibacterial products have never been more popular and now triclosan traces are showing up in Mother’s breast milk!
With immune systems weakened and bacterial resistance growing stronger, is it really a good idea?
Whatever happened to just, wash your hands?
The following is more great information posted by Dr. Ben Kim
Although triclosan is best known for its presence in many brands of antibacterial soap, it is also found in a wide variety of personal care and household products.
According to BeyondPesticides.org, triclosan is found in the following products:
* Dial® Liquid Soap
* Softsoap® Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap
* Tea Tree Therapy™ Liquid Soap
* Provon® Soap
* Clearasil® Daily Face Wash
* Dermatologica® Skin Purifying Wipes
* pHisoderm Antibacterial Skin Cleanser
* Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser
* DermaKleen™ Antibacterial Lotion Soap
* Naturade Aloe Vera 80® Antibacterial Soap
* CVS Antibacterial Soap
* Supre® Café Bronzer™
* TotalSkinCare Makeup Kit
* Garden Botanika® Powder Foundation
* Mavala Lip Base
* Jason Natural Cosmetics
* Blemish Cover Stick
* Movate® Skin Litening Cream HQ
* Paul Mitchell Detangler Comb
* Revlon ColorStay LipSHINE Lipcolor Plus Gloss
* Colgate Total®; Breeze™ Triclosan Mouthwash
* Reach® Antibacterial Toothbrush
* Janina Diamond Whitening Toothpaste
* Old Spice High Endurance Stick Deodorant
* Right Guard Sport Deodorant
* Queen Helene® Tea Trea Oil Deodorant and Aloe Deodorant
* X Air Maximum Strength Deodorant
* Nature De France Le Stick Natural Stick Deodorant
* DeCleor Deodorant Stick
* Epoch® Deodorant with Citrisomes
* SyDERMA® Skin Protectant plus First Aid Antiseptic
* First Aid Medicated Spray
* Nexcare™ First Aid
* 11-1X1: Universal Cervical Collar with Microban
* Skin Crack Care
* First Aid/Burn Cream
* HealWell® Night Splint
Other Personal Care Products:
* Gillette® Complete Skin Care MultiGel Aerosol Shave Gel
* Murad Acne Complex® Kit®
* Diabet-x™ Cream
* T.Taio™ sponges and wipes
* Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel
* Farberware® Microban Steakknife Set and Cutting Boards
* Compact Web Foot® Wet Mop Heads
* Franklin Machine Products FMP Ice Cream Scoop SZ 20 Microban
* Hobart Semi-Automatic Slicer
* Chix® Food Service Wipes with Microban
* Fellowes Cordless Microban Keyboard and Microban Mouse Pad
* Playskool® :
* Stack 'n Scoop Whale
* Rockin' Radio
* Sounds Around Driver
* Lights 'n' Surprise Laptop
* Roll 'n' Rattle Ball
* Animal Sounds Phone
* Busy Beads Pal
* Pop 'n' Spin Top
* Merrell Shoes
* Sabatier Chef's Apron
* Dickies Socks
* Fruit of the Loom Socks
* Biofresh® Socks
* Bionare® Cool Mist Humidifier
* Microban® All Weather Reinforced Hose
* Thomasville® Furniture
* Deciguard AB Ear Plugs
* Bauer® 5000 Helmet
* Aquatic Whirlpools
* Miller Paint Interior Paint
* J Cloth® towels
* QVC® Collapsible 40-Can Cooler
* Holmes Foot Buddy™ Foot Warmer
* Blue Mountain Wall Coverings
* California Paints®
* EHC AMRail Escalator Handrails
* JERMEX mops
* Dupont™ Air Filters
* Durelle™ Carpet Cushions
* Advanta One Laminate Floors
* San Luis Blankets
Homemade Hand Sanitizer Recipes
1 Tablespoon Witch Hazel
4 oz. Aloe Vera Gel
15 Drops Essential Oil - Use your choice(s) of the following Anti-Bacterial Oils; Tea Tree, Lavender, Clove, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Thyme, Geranium, and Cinnamon.
Works great in small bottle with squeeze cap.
4 oz Witch Hazel
2 Tablespoons Aloe Vera Juice (pulp free)
20 Drops Essential Oil - Use your choice(s) of the following Anti-Bacterial Oils; Tea Tree, Lavender, Clove, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Thyme, Geranium, and Cinnamon.
Pour into a spray bottle, shake and spray hands as needed.
Living Healthy In A Toxic World isn't easy but once you learn what to avoid and where your healthier options are, you'll live and feel much better!
Click on the Banner below for many products at great prices!