Homemade acne cures are easy to make, affordable and best of all.....effective!! See the best home acne remedies here!!
There are several acne recipes below, some containing salicylic acid, some with tea tree oil for acne, there's something for all skin types.
We’ll offer homemade acne remedies ranging from gentle acne cures for those with sensitive skin and remedies for the less sensitive.
Of course, diet does play a role too, reduce or avoid sugar, caffeine, processed foods and dairy products.
Lots of fresh vegetables and plenty of water is helpful!
1. Baking Soda For Acne - Mix baking soda powder with a little water until it’s a paste.
Apply over entire face, let dry approximately 15-20 minutes and rinse.
If you have sensitive skin, apply mixture directly to pimples only, let dry and rinse.
2. Grind oatmeal in food processor/blender/coffee grinder and then add a little water until it's a paste.
Apply over face, let dry for approximately
15-20 minutes and rinse.
3. Beat an egg yolk apply to face and let dry for 10 minutes. (unless you’re allergic to eggs!!)
4. Strawberries contain salicylic acid naturally; mash ¼ strawberries with ¼ plain yogurt.
Apply to face and
allow to dry 15-20 minutes and rinse.
1. Rosewater and lemon – Mix the juice of a fresh lemon with equal amount of rosewater, leave on face 10 minutes and rinse.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne - Mix 1/4 tsp salt, equal amounts of natural apple cider vinegar with water and applied to the face and allow to dry and don’t rinse unless it’s causing a reaction.
3. Brew mint tea, allow to cool and apply.
4. Apply Tea Tree oil directly on acne, will help acne heal faster.
Make a paste of raw honey and cinnamon and nutmeg.
Mix well and apply to outbreaks, leave on for a couple hours.
Honey is an antiseptic and releases hydrogen peroxide stopping infections. Great anti-inflammatory as well.
Fill Jojoba Oil in small bottle and add 10-15 drops of carrot seed oil.
Apply lightly on face after cleansing.
Very healing to the skin...great for wrinkles too!!
Plain yogurt can also be applied directly on your acne, the lactic acid acts like a natural cleanser.
Leave for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
HOMEMADE ACNE MASK - make into a paste
3 uncoated aspirin crushed and dissolve in a Tbs of water or lemon juice to make a paste.
Apply directly to acne and allow to dry before rinsing.
Aspirin contains salicylic acid, one of the best acne treatment ingredients available.