MOST COMMON ESSENTIAL OILS
AND THEIR BENEFITS
Most Common Essential Oils and their benefits will help you get started enjoying essential oils and understanding their many qualities....for example; did you know there are antibacterial essential oils and antiviral essential oils that also offer many other qualities?
Choosing essential oils for any specific purpose ranging from Bergamot to the floral scent of Ylang Ylang you’ll see many essential oil benefits are similar, so you may want to simplify it even more
by choosing the aromas you prefer.
The most common essential oils below provide a great place to start and even maintain.....of course if your curiosity takes you further, delve in, there's so much to
Let's look at; Bergamot, Clary Sage, Eucalytpus, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Pine, Rose, Sandalwood, Tea Tree & Ylang Ylang.
Of course there's many, many more! Click on the link below to read about more Oils and to order. They're good oils and priced right!!
Find a huge variety of 100% Pure Essential Oils at Piping Rock Health Products! Shop Now >
The Most Common Essential Oils
Bergamot Essential Oil 15 ml 100% Pure Oil – The bergamot tree
grows up to 15 ft. and has star-shaped flowers and pear shaped citrus fruit, like
a cross between a grapefruit and orange.
The oil is extracted from the peel offering a citrus, sweet, floral
scent. Essential Oil Benefits......
- Known as the happy oil, calms the
nervous system, helps to reduce anxiety and depression.
- Promotes restful sleep, refreshes
and improves mental clarity.
- Good for bacterial and viral
infections – good for allergies and sinus conditions.
- Helps stimulate poor circulation
– also useful in treating varicose veins and cellulite.
- Relieves pain, swelling and
itching from insect bites and stings – also repels insects.
- Used for antiseptic purposes
treating minor cuts & wounds. Also
helps prevent scar tissue.
- Helps in treating acne, oily skin
and infected skin.
- A natural muscle relaxer with
anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory qualities.
- A natural disinfectant.
Clary Sage Essential Oil 15 ml 100% Pure Oil – Grows about three
ft., has white, pink or blue flowers depending on the variety.
The oil is extracted from the flowering tops
and the leaves offering a more earthy yet sweet floral scent. Essential Oil Benefits......
- Enhances mood, calms nerves,
reduces stress and tension and promotes sleep.
- Contains a phyto-hormone similar to estrogen.
- Improves digestion.
- Reduces pain (stimulates the production of endorphins – the
body’s natural pain killers).
- Natural antiseptic, antibacterial, astringent and deodorant.
- Helps balance skin conditions, including acne.
- Helps counteract hair loss.
- Stimulates the memory.
Eucalyptus Oil Essential Oil 15 ml 100% Pure Oil – The Eucalyptus tree is one of the tallest in
the world reaching over 400 ft. With 700
varieties. The leaves are fragrant with white flowers that develop in to
The oil is extracted from both
the leaves and twigs offering a strong camphor like scent. Essential Oil Benefits......
- Energizes physically and mentally.
- Reduces inflammation, good for sore and achy muscles.
- Aids the sinus and congestion.
- Detoxifying antiseptic boost immune, circulation and
- Good for insect bites, minor cuts and wounds.
- Helps in eliminating lice.
- A natural disinfectant.
Geranium Essential Oil 15 ml 100% Pure Oil – The shrub can grow to 3 ft high, soft leaves
covered with “hair”and flowers varying with the 700+ varieties.
The oil is extracted from the leaves and
stems offering more of a rose aroma than the actual geranium flower. Essential Oil Benefits......
- Balances hormones.
- Good for eczema and balancing the skins oil.
- Reduces inflammation and pain.
- Repells insects (including lice).
- Reduces cellulite, good for circulation.
- Reduces sore throats and colds (mix 1 drop in tsp of honey,
stir in cup of water – gargle).
- Natural sedative properties.
Lavender Essential Oil 15 ml 100% Pure Oil – Shrub that grows to approx 3 ft, with evergreen
leaves and lavender flowers.
The oil is
extracted from the lavender flowers offering a pure lavender aroma which tends
to be the most common essential oil of all!! Essential Oil Benefits......
- Soothing (unless used in large amounts, could have the
- Promotes sleep.
- Aids in releasing tension and headaches. (massage the
- Cools burns and stings, aids in healing.
- Aids in earaches.
- Aids in hair loss.
- Aids in repiratory.
- Muscle relaxer.
- Aids in digestion.
- Natural anti-septic and anti-bacteria.
Lemon Essential Oil 15 ml 100% Pure Oil – The lemon tree grows up to 10-20 ft and has fragrant
white flowers which develops in lemons.
The oil is extracted from the peel offering a light, tart lemon aroma. Essential Oil Benefits......
- Promotes alertness and mental clarity, sharpening the
- Balances the nervous system, aid circulation and digestion.
- Cools the body.
- Detoxifies and helps reduce cellulite.
- Mood enhancer, refreshes and energizes.
- Cleansing, antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral and
- Great for cleaning recipes for the above qualities.
- Aids in sore throats, bacterial and viral infections.
- Good antiseptic for minor cuts, insect bites and stings.
- Good for hair as a rinse and skin.
Peppermint Essential Oil 15 ml 100% Pure Oil – Is an
herb that can grow up to 3 ft, has violet flowers.
This common essential oil is extracted from the plant which
offers a strong peppermint scent. Essential Oil Benefits......
- Relieves nausea, improves digestion, aids irritable bowel
syndrome & increases appetite.
- Relieves bad breath. (add a few drops to a splash of water,
gargle as mouthwash)
- Reduces lactation for nursing mothers.
- Anti-depressant, energizes, increases concentration,
- Increases physical strength and endurance.
- Soothes itching skin.
- Repels insects.
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties good for
cramps, sprains, back pain.
- Natural disinfectant, great for cleaning recipes.
Pine Needle Essential Oil 2 oz 100% Pure Oil – This evergreen tree can grow 130 ft and has thin
needle leaves, orange flowers and brown cones.
The oil is extracted from the needles and twigs proving a earthy, strong
foresty pine aroma. Essential Oil Benefits......
- Great disinfectant (antimicrobial, antiseptic)
- Good for asthma, coughs, colds and flu. (antineuralgic,
antirheumatic, antiviral, bactericidal, properties)
- Improves circulation, detoxification and reduces cellulite
- Improves congestion/breathing problems
- Energizes and refreshes the mind
- Good for deodorant and deodorizing
Rose Oil Absolute 5 ml 100% Pure Oil – Can be found as both bushes and vines. There is a wide variety of color and size of
the flowers. (there's a more affordable "Blended" option.
Rose oil is distilled from
the petals of the rose flowers.
Essential Oil Benefits…...
- Boost self esteem, confidence, hope, mental strength.
- Calms down inflammation, (fevers) infections, indigestion.
- Helps treat wounds and helps prevent infections.
- Relieves respiratory spasm, intestines, convulsions, muscle
- Helps shield against viral and bacterial infections.
- Strengthens gums, hair roots, tones/lifts skin, (contract blood
vessels) great for skin.
- Promotes bile flow, regulates acid, aids digestion, ulcers,
- Helps fade acne scars as well as stretch marks.
- Purifies blood, aids in removal of toxins, good for liver.
Sandalwood Essential Oil 5 ml 100% Pure Oil - Is a very slow-growing parasitic tree which typically looks like a large bush or small tree but in some regions can reach up to 50
The oil comes from the heartwood
in the roots of the tree and is extracted by steam-heating providing a musky, warm, woody aroma. Essential Oil Benefits
relieve coughing, mucus and respiratory issues. (combats bronchitis & laryngitis)
in dry skin, acne and stretch marks.
symptoms of menopause and promotes restfulness.
- Reduces anxiety, nervous tension, depression.
- Anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic,
and analgesic which is good for arthritis, muscle pain, cramps and varicose veins.
Tea Tree aka Melaleuca aka Niaouli Oil Essential Oil 15 ml 100% Pure – Comes from the Melaliuca
alternifolia tree in Australia which is the size of a large bush or small tree
with narrow leaves.
This antiviral essential oil is extracted by steam
distillation from the leaves provides a herbal, medicinal, antiseptic,
pungent aroma. This too is one of the most common essential oils. Essential Oil Benefits…...
- Natural immune booster, fights all
three kinds of infection. (bacteria, fungi, viruses)
- Helpful in treating colds,
measles, sinusitis and viral infections.
- Helps heal skin conditions,
athelete’s foot, burns and cuts and cold sores.
- Works as an insecticide.
- Helps treat respiratory conditions, muscle
aches and flu.
- Great for dandruff, treatment of
lice, oily skin and acne.
- Can also be used as an insect
Ylang Ylang Oil I,II, III Essential Oil 2 oz 100% Pure – aka flower of
flowers - A tropical tree about 60 ft high produces large, fragrant yellow
(sometimes pink) flowers gifting a sweet, floral scent highly desired and sought after. Essential Oil Benefits……
- Helpful in treating high blood
pressure, rapid palpitations and breathing.
- Good pain killer, helpful in time
of labor. (stimulates endorphin production)
- Aphrodisiac qualities helpful in
treating impotence and frigiding.
- Helpful in treating hair loss.
- Helpful in balance skin. (oily or dry)
These most common essential oils and their benefits will provide you with not only fantastic aromas but will also serve a wide range of needs in your cleaning recipes and body care. Choosing essential oils doesn't have to be overwhelming.
Once you start enjoying these essential oil benefits, you'll understand why they are the most common essential oils.
Don't forget to check out the links below for more information and a better understanding in using these oils.........
Go To How To Use Essential Oils
Go To Cleaning With Essential Oils
Go To What Are Essential Oils
Go To Essential Oil Warnings
Go To Homemade Air Fresheners
Go To Homemade Cleaners
Go To Skin Care Recipes
Go To Make Your Own Perfume
Go To home-remedies-pure-and-simple.com HOME from Most Common Essential Oils
To order Essential Oils and other affordable great products, click below!